VerifyThis Long-Term Challenge 2020
- Concluding Event -
co-located with ETAPS and VerifyThis
25th and 26th April 2020, Dublin, Ireland
Deadline: 1st March 2020
The VerifyThis Long-Term Challenge complements the on-site format of the VerifyThis competition with a verification challenge, in which teams contribute to the verification of a practically relevant piece of software over a period of six months. The challenge aims to be a showcase that deductive program verification can produce relevant results for real systems with acceptable effort. The challenge 2020 started in September 2019, and ends February 2020. To conclude the challenge, we will have a final workshop session at ETAPS along with the VerifyThis program verification competition.
For 2020, the challenge system is the new, implementation of the PGP server infrastructure, called HAGRID. The old implementation did not conform to GDPR and was known to be vulnerable against DoS attacks.
We invite you to present your results on the verification of this security-relevant challenge system during a special session of the VerifyThis program verification competition, held at ETAPS.
Authors are invited to submit a presentation proposal (or extended abstract) as a PDF using Springer’s LNCS style, which should be about a page long, but not longer than three pages (excluding bibliography). It should discuss …
- … the used verification approach and tools
- … how the challenge was adapted to make verification possible (abstractions, reimplementation, different behaviour)
- … what has been achieved (modelled and verified properties)
- … successes and challenges encountered in the course of the case study.
There will be an informal pre-proceeding of the accepted presentation proposals.
A special issue for this verification challenge is planned and will be discussed on-site.
- Submission deadline: 1st March 2020
- Notifications: 15th March 2020
- Workshop: 25-26th April 2020